Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Discernment

discernment |diˈsərnmənt|
noun
1 the ability to judge well : an astonishing lack of discernment.

2 (in Christian contexts) perception in the absence of judgment with a view to obtaining spiritual direction and understanding

When I started to see the other dimensions, I must say that first time was kind of strange. It was long time ago, now that I look back I know I have been seeing since I was very little...three to four years old I can recollect being visited in my sleep... and in the dark, other times as well. They scared me to say the least. I had no idea, except that these things were not nice. Dark things were afoot, all around me, yet no one else could see them?

Too strange, my old self would have said... but that is not who I am now. This journey began, again... so long ago really. I did sell out early, but during it all I was afforded glimpses of the divine. I spent a lot of time in the Sierras when I was young, Yosemite, Sequoias... nature. I was lucky, I did have that and thank my parents for giving me such a gift.

It was this blessing that kept me always so close to seeing the truth as the sell out took me further and further away from my True Self. I stayed close to nature all through it, becoming a forester and wildland firefighter. But the corporate world sucked me in... then government service... societal conditioning and a life lived unconsciously finally crumbled and I sought the Truth.

The ability to see has always been available to me, even back then, but discernment... not so much. When I was in tune with the natural world, balanced and peaceful internally, I was able to have it. The time in the canyons of SW Utah with my ex-wife, when the sun was setting and the energy shifted into just a total sense of dread... quick discussion and pack up and head to another spot, we did. And a good thing too, I know now... the Navajo and other SW tribal mythology talks of skinwalkers, sleepmakers and other evil spirits in the canyons, so I am not at all off base with some of the things that I have seen.

My experiences are not unusual to cultures that practice shamanism, which has been around since time immemorial.  Seeing and interacting with the spirit worlds is very real and can have amazingly profound effects on the self and others. It is powerful medicine and discernment must be cultivated along the way.

I have seen the effects that dark energy has on me and I now see the influences, entities and dark forces that perpetuate the dark realms. It is so very important to understand this dynamic, as one’s power is returning... Much of the time for me, I am reclaiming my power from those dark forces that I let into my life and were running the show.

I am reminded of the Faustian tale where the astrologer and sorcerer sold his soul to the devil for powers and gifts beyond human comprehension. Over time, even he I suspect forgot the “deal” and moved through his life with great powers sourced by the devil or darkness. But, in the end Mephistopheles comes to claim his due... Faustus’s Soul and so, there is no turning back for him. He used the power for his benefit, perhaps even to help others along the way, but remember, the source of the power was darkness...

Discernment, ever so important as the Faustian tale perpetuates even today. We may be accessing energy through our practice, we may even be able to use it to our benefit or others; seeing it or channeling it as positive energy by either our will or claim, doesn’t make it so if it is coming from a dark source. Energy is energy, true and it can be used to heal a variety of physical and spiritual ailments, but if the source is dark there is going to be a pay-off in the end...

Better to see the world around us with open senses, perceiving the truth... “what is really going on,” as it were. This is discernment, I think. To, without judgement perceive a situation and find the source, a spiritual knowing... Is it pure, unconditional, Source Love? or is there a catch? a hook perhaps. Is it laced with anything?

As power and lost Soul Parts were returned, I began to develop Discernment. As the light got stronger, the frequency of my being started to vibrate faster and faster. I noticed density in a different way and I noticed the vibratory differences between light and dark. I began to notice the dark beings again, trying to get me to return to the old ways. Trying to infiltrate my peace and tranquility with their agendas.

Now that I can discern this, I am better able to make choices that are aligned with my highest and best good. Discernment is critical when navigating ordinary, as well as non-ordinary reality. Without it the traps, pitfalls and manipulations are all around. By stepping into the light of my Authentic Self, I am able to see...

And it has made all the difference.

Peace and Love!

Marc

No comments:

Post a Comment